Understand ADA laws and the way plaintiffs and their attorneys interpret those laws will continue to change over time. There are no guarantees. This information is provided for guidance only, this information should be approved by your attorney.
White Horse Lodge, a top rated Waitsfield Vermont boutique hotel, warmly welcomes all guests. Although significant steps have been taken so all guests can enjoy the White Horse Lodge, the lodge does not offer ADA compliant accommodations, however the lodge is suitable for those with limited disabilities.
We offer the following for those guests with limited disabilities:
- Rooms 101 and 109 are located on the ground floor and do not require the navigation of steps as all other rooms which are on the second and third floor (Rooms #102-212 and #301-306)
- These rooms do have narrow doorways that do not accommodate a wheelchair or scooter and tub/shower combinations.
The physical barriers include the following:
- The lodge interior space does not accommodate a wheelchair or scooter
- The walkway from the parking to the front door has some level changes.
- Elevated access requires climbing numerous steps
- There is not an elevator on the property, therefore to reach guest rooms on the second and third floor (Rooms #201-212 and #301-306), guests must navigate numerous steps.
- The interior structure includes narrow hallways and doorways that do not accommodate a wheelchair.
- Rooms include tub/shower combinations – no roll in showers are available in any rooms.
Our goal is to ensure that anyone who wishes to visit The White Horse Lodge can do so, regardless of their physical abilities. Among the ways we strive to comply with the ADA:
- It is our standard operating procedure that individuals with disabilities be able to make reservations for an accessible accommodation during the same hours and in the same manner as individuals who do not need an accessible room.
- We have identified and described accessible features as well as physical barriers with enough detail to allow individuals with disabilities to determine independently whether a given guest room or cottage meets their accessibility needs.
- It is our standard operating procedure to ensure that our accessible guest room option is held for use by individuals with disabilities. However, we protect our clients’ right to privacy of disclosure.
- We guarantee that an accessible guest room, once reserved, is held for the reserving customer and is removed from all reservation systems. We make reasonable efforts with third-party reservation systems to ensure that an accessible room is available through at least some of these services and that information concerning the accessibility of the room is included on their reservation platform.
- Guests with legitimate service dogs will be provided access to all areas of the inn where members of the public are allowed to go.
For special accommodation needs, please call us directly at (802) 243-3286 so we can help you determine the best guest room to ensure you have a comfortable arrival and enjoyable stay.
We are committed to facilitating the accessibility and usability of this website for all people with disabilities. We will continue to implement the relevant portions of the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA (WCAG 2.0 AA) or such other standards as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). On a periodic basis, our website will be tested with assistive technology. Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing. You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (802) 243-3286 with questions or concerns regarding ADA accessibility issues, including issues accessing the website.